Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

info about "busy college student scam"

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 06:03:18 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: info about "busy college student scam"
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

Hi folks,

Truly sorry about the non-Kate content, but since we have ben so harassed
by the "busy college student" scheme, I thought I'd let you know that I
have been hard at work. In addition to complaining to various sysadmins
and sending nasty mail to freenet.fsu.edu, I took a chance and played it
straight, and this is what I got. This scheme is pretty elaborate. The
response comes from yet another email address! I'm going to continue to
play it straight as long as I can and I hope to compile as much contact
information about these people as possible and turn it all over to you
folks, of course. And you know what to do.

In an effort to keep this short: email me for more info.

On Tue, 5 Sep 1995 krazykev@kjl.com wrote:

> To:   all our newest applicants
> From:  Kevin Jay Lipsitz, President
>
> We truly appreciate your patience.   We have been inundated with referrals
> in the last few weeks.  It may be a week or two before we can call you to
> explain our service and go over prices.
>
> We are very sorry for this waiting list having gotten so long.  We had no
> idea we would have so many referrals in such a short period of time.
>
> We appreciate your patience and we look forward to having you join us!
>
> Thanks,

scasterg@dispatch.com == Stuart M. Castergine        |              ---
All young gentle dreams drowning                     | "Mmm, yes."   |/
In life's grief                                      |               |\
Can you hang on to me? --Kate Bush, _Big Stripey Lie_|