Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Angels On Earth

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 95 00:17:16 +0200
Subject: Re: Angels On Earth
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

Mark Lodge says:
> In article: <848855370wnr@issue.demon.co.uk>  Mark@issue.demon.co.uk (Mark
> Lodge) writes:
> > I have a Kate Bush bootleg CD that I have no need of.
> > It's called 'Angels On Earth' on Genuine Pig Records, Italy.
> > The cover says it was recorded 'Live in Europe 1979'.
> > The quality is, of course, up to bootleg standards circa 1979,
> > although the CD was released in 1992.
> > If anyone is interested in this CD, please mail me rather than
> > posting a follow-up as I don't usually read this group.
> > Any offers considered.
> What - NO-one wants this ? Not even for the cost of postage ?
> I'll microwave Kate in one week.

Just don't ;-).

For those who might be interested (I'm not, I already own said CD):
the CD does hold a soundtrack recording of the 1979 BBC special 'Kate'
which is usually referred to as the Christmas Special. So far this is
still the most durable copy of said soundtrack (no other CD so far).
The sound is mono TV sound recorded with 1980's equipment. Until Kimmo
came out with the hifi video tape (thanks again...) this was also
more or less the best quality one.

Maybe I should take the video tape into the office to our CD burner...

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]