Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: BBC Nationwide

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 95 00:05:34 +0200
Subject: Re: BBC Nationwide
To: geida@cix.compulink.co.uk ("Graham Eida")
cc: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi Graham!

> I have a vague recollection that the early evening BBC news programme
> 'nationwide' had a interview with kate back in 1979 about her live show.
>
> As I was only 11 years old at the time it is all a little blurred but I
> remember them interviewing the sound man as well, as he had just invented
> the head-mike so Kate could dance and sing at the same time.
>
> Is my memory playing me up or has anybody got a copy of this one.

Hmmm... yes.

That nationwide episode is usually called 'Kate Bush on Tour', it features
Hammer Horror, a couple of old family photos, an interview, tour rehearsals
and Kate smoking. It's 26 minutes long and was aired on April 3, 1979.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]