Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Katedeprivation.....

From: ssmit15@emory.edu (Sarah Anne Smith)
Date: 25 Aug 1995 11:24:44 -0400
Subject: Re: Katedeprivation.....
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Brett Harris (bretthar@BoM.GOV.AU) wrote:

: Hi Katefans,

: To return to a theme I touched upon a few months ago regarding Australia
: being the only country in the Western world where EMI has seen fit
: not to release the videos for TSW and TLTCTC....

: why are we also the only country in the Western world to not have
: Fruitopia on the market(of which I couldnt care less in itself), and
: so no Kate ads...  hell even bloody New Zealand gets them!!

: Feeling very paranoid...

Maybe justifiably? Perhaps the Aussie govt. has issued a secret decree
banning mass imports of KT things (those that have to pass through some
govt. office, that is) because of lyrics like "the civilised keep alive
the territorial war...erase the race that claim the place and say we dig
for ore...

Of course, that's unlikely...right?

Sarah
--
  "...The mundane world is too complicated,
and ghosts are easier to get along with than men..."

	--Swordsman Yen, "Chinese Ghost Story"