Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Grammy Awards

From: janson@stat.Berkeley.EDU (Mike Janson)
Date: 15 Aug 1995 19:44:34 GMT
Subject: Re: Grammy Awards
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <40qpcl$9kc@imag.imag.fr>,
Lionel REVERET <Lionel.Reveret@imag.fr> wrote:
:I recently loaded the archive of the Grammy Awards
:(http://metaverse.com/grammy , if anyone is interested)
:and according to this list of winners, KB seems to
:have never been rewarded.
:
:I don't know much about Grammy Awards (here in France
:access to MTV is quiet recent) and what are the criteria
:to get an award. Nevertheless, when I discovered that female
:pop singers like Tina Turner or Whitney Houston have won several
:times I was surprised not to see KB who is a much more original artist.

You're overlooking the fact that here in the US originality is seldom,
if ever, rewarded.

Mike
janson@stat.berkeley.edu