Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Marmite debate

From: Mary Helen Sowell <mhs3c@avery.med.virginia.edu>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 1995 21:32:51 GMT
Subject: Marmite debate
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@murdoch.acc.virginia.edu

The Gr8 K8 Marmite Deb8
-----------------------

Faith "T-Shirt" Sowell and I, Lee Brown from Kateland (England
to less enlightened folk).  A sucess story of Love Hounds
become Lovers are locked in mortal debate about Marmite!

We need the input of fellow gaffans to help settle this dispute
once and for all.  Is it good?  Is it Bad?  How can *anyone*
eat the stuff?  How can anyone *not* like it?  These are the
sort of questions that the fate of mortals depend on.

Lee:   Marmite is wonderful.  It tastes really nice.

Faith: Nice?  Free refills are nice, polite aquaintances are
       nice, a day off is nice, but Marmite is just not good food.

Lee:   Well Ms. Special likes it ... so it MUST be good :)

Faith: Well we all knew she had to have a personality flaw
       somewhere. :)

Lee:  What!  You mean the great Kate!?  Never! Hmmmph.  OK, OK,
      maybe it's just a British thing, maybe non-brits can't
      appreciate the wonderousness of Marmite? :(

Faith: You're right.  Perhaps it's a genetic abnormality found
       only among the English, what do I expect from the people who've
       destroyed the language the way they have? :)

Lee:  Destroyed the language -- that's another debate.  I mean
      take a country that throws tea into the sea.  Now that's WEIRD,
      OK! :))

Faith: Well if it wasn't any good what do you expect?  We won't
       just drink any swill :)

"We return you to our regularly scheduled programme"

Lee:   It's great on a slice of bread and butter all by itself,
       I mean it's so versatile.  You can mix it with
       peanut-butter for that nice crunchy texture.

Faith: Hmmm, you could also mix boiled slug and gravel to get a
       "nice crunchy texture", but I don't want it for dinner.

Lee:   Ah well, I guess we'll just have to disagree on this ...

Faith: Wanna go out for dinner? :)

Well that's all for this, but any additions, scientific
research on Marmite induced emotions, psychoses, withdrawal
symptoms, etc.?

A happy super-belated K8-Mas to all.

         |~\    /~|  /~~~~~~~\    _____________
   ______|  \__/  |_/____     \  /             |
  /      |  [ ]   |/     \     \/ From:        |
 /_______|_/___\__|_______\     \  Lee & Faith |
|         ~      ~        |      \_____________|
|           ___           |
|          /   \          |