Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Help, I'm stranded!

From: Marcel Rijs <100276.2176@compuserve.com>
Date: 02 Aug 95 15:51:36 EDT
Subject: Help, I'm stranded!
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Hi,

Something reallty disastrous has happened. I bought a CD-ROM player this
weekend, and while I was connecting it inside my computer, something apparently
went wrong, because my computer couldn't do anything anymore. It did start up,
but then refused to go into autoexec.bat.
Hence, I couldn't use floppy's and couldn't do anything.

I am not writing to you if you know what to do about this (a few technicians
didn't know) - although I will be happy with any tips you may have - but I would
like some assistance.
In utter despair I could do nothing but buy a new computer. So now here I am,
with an empty harddisk, lacking more than a few digests of love-hounds. Does
anyone know how I can get the January 1995-August 1995 digests?

Also, does anyone know the new address of RDT-request, Tori Amos' mailing list?

Finally, I will still be doing KaTe Covered. Contributors will have to write to
me again because I lost all of your addresses in the process, and I am still
welcoming new contributors since the 90 minute tape will have to be filled!

One last note: Please Backup everything you have in your computers! I know now
how disastrous it is to have none....

Thanks for your sympathetic attention...

Marcel Rijs
A sad Internetter