Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Roring za boru

From: aj796@freenet.carleton.ca (Tippi Chai)
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 05:25:58 GMT
Subject: Roring za boru
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: aj796@freenet.carleton.ca (Tippi Chai)

A *HUGE* **THANK-YOU** to all those involved in the Katemas 95 video, esp.
Andy, John and Karen!

The Japanese bits are hilarious - esp. their version of "Roring za boru"
(the 'o' should be pronounced as in 'or').  In case any of you are wondering,
the Japanese writing that scroll across the screen (for Moving) reads:

        "The Sighing Angel" [this is their name for this song]
        Written by: Kate Bush
        Arranged by: Andrew Powell

        KATE BUSH (England)

        Born in 1958, Kate is (now) 19.  Born into a family of music,
        she started composing at 11.  When she was 16, she met Pink Floyd's
        guitarist, Dave Gilmour, (who helped her to) sign a contract with
        a record company.  In 1977, the debut single from her first album,
        "Wuthering Heights", stayed at #1 for several weeks on the hit
        charts in London.  She is a dancer as well as a singer/song-writer.

That Faith Brown is viscious - are all her "guests" treated similarly?

Stev0, the Hollywood Reporter, quoted

>"I've learned to say "Wonderful", "Fantastic", and "Marvelous"
> in 37 different languages."
>   - Kate, in interview with Faith Brown

C'mon, stev0, it should be credited as

>   - "Kate", in interview with Faith Brown

BTW, who *IS* Al Johnson?

Also I finally got to see all the Fruitopia stuff.  I've seen maybe 3 on
Canadian TV.  Regarding "Message of Love", the one with "Indian music",
the tablas are electronic.  The drum syllables are

        Digga dha - - digga digga dhi dha

(I have been studying Kathak - Classical Indian Dance - for 7 years. However,
I am unconvinced that drum syllables are used at the end of Get Out of my
House.  I'll check with Indian musicians and report later.)
--
Tippi Chai, Toronto, ON, Canada             aj796@freenet.carleton.ca
"The whims that we're weeping for/Our parents would be beaten for" Kate Bush