Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Polish Postcards

From: Marcel Rijs <100276.2176@compuserve.com>
Date: 16 Jul 95 09:41:40 EDT
Subject: Polish Postcards

Hi,

Someone asked on the list recently if someone had any Polish postcards. As a few
of us have already pointed out, these items are very rare and very expensive.
I've only seen one in my life. I remember it well: it was at a record fair in
Amsterdam, and that
particular dealer had many 7" singles by all sorts of strange artists, as well
as a few of those postcards. One of those would contain Kate Bush, according to
the dealer. He asked 60 guilders (about $35) for it.
It was really weird, though: the tracks were not listed and the picture was, if
I remember correctly, of a woman on a boat on a river. Looked a bit like a
painting, too. I couldn't listed to it and I decided not to buy it. (Heck, I
wasn't going to spend that much money on an "item" like that...)

So that's my story...

Seeya,

Marcel Rijs
100276.2176@compuserve.com