Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Fruitopia ads in NZ!

From: Robb McCaffree <NSRJM@NURSEPO.MEDCTR.UCLA.EDU>
Date: 14 Jul 1995 04:53:16 GMT
Subject: Re: Fruitopia ads in NZ!
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu (Anthony Kyle Monday) wrote:

> In article <3tumfn$lt5@infinity.ccsi.com>, faustex@infinity.ccsi.com (Mike
> Cheselka) wrote:
>

> > Elizabeth Fraser and Kate Bush are both original, but you can get an idea
> > of how they sound by listeneing to the Sundays and Tori Amos
>
> If you mean that Tori sounds like Kate, that's true at times. However, the
> Sundays sound nothing like Cocteau Twins. THe Sundays sound like the
> Smiths with a female vocalist.
>

> ,
> > respectively; if that makes sense.  All I can say is that you will know it
> > when you hear it.  They are not alike.  Try to get your hands on a Cocteau
> > Twins album( prefrably The Pink Opaque or Four-Calender Cafe), or the
> > Judge Dredd soundtrack( fourth track: 'Need Fire').
>
> Actually, I would recommend "Treasure," their 1984 album, and "Heaven or
> Las Vegas" their 1990 album. The last album didn't do much for me. Their
> other albums are either excellent (The Moon and the Melodies with Eno
> collaborator Harold Budd, and Head over Heels) or crap (GArlands, Blue
> Bell Knoll).
> But, I do like them. Check 'em out.

This is all interesting, but I think the original post was questioning
what Kate and The Cocteau Twins' Fruitopia ads sound like. He KNOWS
what their music is like, but without hearing an example of Kate's vs.
Liz's commercials, how do you tell them apart?

I don't KNOW, but I doubt that Liz simply does vocals over Kate's music
for her commercials. My guess is that each of their commercials is
original and independent of the other's.

		--Robb