Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KT and Rush :-)

From: 100427.2530@compuserve.com (Peter Chow)
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 1995 09:58:01 GMT
Subject: Re: KT and Rush :-)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

dmckiern@weber.ucsd.edu (Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan) wrote:

>I don't understand why anyone would think that there's some sort of
>affinity between Kate Bush and a bloated conservati-- ooops.  Wrong
>"Rush" maybe.

Hmmm... I seem to be all alone on this one... (well, except for this
person I met at a Katemas do some years ago in Manchester).

Everybody appears to be, at best, an ex-Rush fan, having been
converted to Katonians. Surely I can't be all alone in enjoying both?

They may sound nothing alike but Kate and Rush have both produced
tracks filled with vivid imagary and stories. My favourite albums from
each are HoL and Hemispheres for the same reasons; both are excellent
albums put together with skill and posses a practically 'cinematic'
quality that you can lose yourself in.

One just happens to have more power chords in it's arrangement than
the other :-)

Peter Chow from London (UK)