Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Books mentioning Kate

From: THE OLIVE-LOAF VIGILANTE <METH@delphi.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 1995 19:51:38 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Books mentioning Kate
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

Emma Bull's _The War For The Oaks_ has a scene in it wherein one of the
protagonists comes home in a snit and puts on _HoL_ to cheer herself up.
And Terry Pratchett's _Pyramids_ (I think -- it's one of the Discworld novels)
has a footnote which mentions Kate (not to mention the harem girl getting
abducted on the cover looks ***exactly*** like Kate in a modified Babooshka
outfit).

If I were a fiction writer I'd mention Kate, but I don't think that counts. :)

|Meredith Tarr                                              meth@delphi.com|
|Boonton, NJ  USA                  finger info at: mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu|
|  "Turnips do not invite fan members to sit on their couches on stage."   |
|                                                        -Irvin F. Lin     |