Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Anagram for Lovehounds: Sound Hovel

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 13:13:09 -0700
Subject: Anagram for Lovehounds: Sound Hovel
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan <dmckiern@weber.ucsd.edu> writes:

>Instead, let's have a lists of luncheon meat that we like or dislike,
>starting off with olive loaf.

Is that a "Like" or a "Dislike"?

braffet@uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Elizabeth Braffet) spouts:

>   The speech in Babylon 5 is talking about something different, the
>courage to love rather than the hunt for love. Nevertheless, I would
>endorse the recommendation to watch that program, simply because is it a
>show that is better thought out than most (IMHO).

I would recommend "Babylon 5" for anyone who LOVES bad acting, the
moldiest of scripts, and special effects straight out of "Battlestar
Galactica".  OK, it's not NEARLY as painful to watch as "VR 5", but
it's right up there.  Me, I'd rather watch reruns of "Cop Rock".

mikael.jakonen@mailbox.swipnet.se (Mikael Jakonen) rants:

>I have a sollution that some might think is a bad idea:

>We all agree (even all lurkers) to send a couple of copies each back to
>those post ads.
>Nuke them with their own posts!  ;-)
>That way they will (hopefully) learn to stay away.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, NO!" - Sam, from "Sam and Max hit the Road".

Mailbombing a jerk who sends innappropriate ads is a VERY bad idea,
because one of the two will happen:

1) It hurts the innocent OTHER users on the system (not to mention
   the probably-innocent sysadmin) OR
2) The account will probably be pulled by the time you read the
   message anyway, so the sender will never see your bomb, anyway.

WHAT TO DO ABOUT THESE JERKS:

Copy the letter and send the complete letter WITH HEADER to
postmaster@ and wherever the letter was sent from.  For example,
if canter@foo.bar.com sends chain letter to MAKE MONEY FAST, copy
it and send it to postmaster@bar.com (The "foo" is just the name
of the user's node, so ignore it).  You can be rest assured the
jerk will never spam again...

ObKate - I think William Wegman should have done the cover
for "Hounds of Love"

- Stev0 the dilletante

"Gaffa doesn't mean ANYTHING!  It's just something I made
up one day while playing Scrabble."
 - Things we'd like to hear Kate say #42