Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Video Similarities

From: Fiona McQuarrie <fmcquarr@upei.ca>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 1995 14:01:49 -0300 (ADT)
Subject: Video Similarities
To: "Kate (list) Bush" <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Last night on Muchmusic the "spotlight" was a best-of-the80s kinda thing
- well, they missed one major star of the 80s :P - but the first video
was David Bowie's "Ashes to Ashes".
I hadn't seen this in quite a while but I was very struck at the
similarity between parts of it where he is wearing the white clown outfit
and singing while standing waist-deep in water and the parts of the
"Breathing" video where Ms. Kate wears a white jumpsuit and stands waist
deep in water and sings.

The similarity even extends to the - um, sorry, don't know the fancy
technical name for it - high-contrast on the film that makes the water
and sky appear very "metallic".

So...who came first?

Cheers, Fiona