Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

More Media Morons

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 1995 11:24:58 -0700
Subject: More Media Morons
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

There is a whole new series in the Internet-Book-Of-
The-Day catagory, this one called "A Pocket Guide To..."
In "A Pocket Guide to Music Resources on The Internet",
r.m.g. is, of course, mentioned, with the most laughably
innaccurate description of this group I've heard yet.

I don't remember the thing verbatim, but for one thing,
they don't mention the Lovehounds connection, which ordinarily
wouldn't be THAT important, but they describe this group
as a place where people "post Jpegs of Kate and her album
covers...", among other things.  What we discuss are "our
favorite [presumably Kate] albums".  The Author confesses
to have no idea what "Gaffa" means.

*IF* they would have bothered to take a look at the
easy-enough-to-find FAQ, they would have seen the posting
binary files (eg, pictures) is frowned upon here BECAUSE
so many people get this digest in Email through Lovehounds.
And yeah, the "favorite album" thread comes up annually,
but not QUITE as often as the "What DOES Gaffa mean?" thread.

Sheesh, if the REST of this series is so shoddily researched,
I can heartily recommend AVOIDING the "Pocket Guide to..."
series.

- Stev0 the bookmaker

"The Internet, of course, is more than a place to find pictures
of people having sex with dogs."
- Time, 7/3/95 (Actual quote!)