Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Stained Pages issue 1 (available mid-July)

From: gclow@octrf.on.ca (Greg Clow)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 15:52:06 GMT
Subject: Stained Pages issue 1 (available mid-July)
Newsgroups: alt.zines, alt.gothic, rec.music.industrial, rec.arts.comics.alternative, rec.arts.books, alt.music.alternative, alt.music.alternative.female, alt.music.ecto, rec.music.gaffa, alt.comics.alternative, rec.arts.comics.misc
Sender: news@phoebus.sunnybrook.utoronto.ca (C-News admin)

             S T A I N E D   P R O D U C T I O N S
                           PRESENTS

                         STAINED PAGES
                     Issue 1, Summer 1995

After 6 long months of procrastination and preparation, it's finally
complete - the first issue of STAINED PAGES. Largely the work of Sheryl
Kirby and Greg Clow (both former contributors and co-editors of the
sucessful Toronto gothic fanzine THE NINTH WAVE), along with a few of
our close friends, STAINED PAGES will provide you with the answers to
such burning questions as:

                     "Are vampires real?"
          "In cyberspace, can anybody hear you swing?"
            "Nine Inch Nails... what's the deal?" *
                           and more!

* (Actually, this is a lie. Although this zine does, indeed, pose vague
questions regarding the popularity of Whine... uh, I mean Nine Inch
Nails, we fail to come to any answers or conclusions. Oh well.)

Features in this fabulous and fascinating forty-eight page first issue
include:

> lengthy interviews with musical group MIRANDA SEX GARDEN; editor of
  "Action Girl Comics", SARAH DYER; and author of "How Insensitive",
  RUSSELL SMITH

> a profile of Toronto-based experimental label FREEDOM IN A VACUUM and
  it's founder, ROBERT OLVER

> an unbelieveably cool and swingin' HIPSTER'S GUIDE TO THE INTERNET

> a visit to the City That Care Forgot, NEW ORLEANS

> tons o' reviews, recipes, poetry, and other fun stuff

STAINED PAGES issue 1 will be available in mid-July at several locations
in and around Toronto, including Republic Records, The Beguiling, and
House of Ill Repute. Or you can order your very own copy by mail for a
measly $5 (postage included, cash preferred but a cheque/money order
made out to Greg Clow will do as well) from:

                       STAINED PRODUCTIONS
                    158 Close Ave.  2nd Floor
                       Toronto ON  M6K 2V5
                             CANADA

                    email: gclow@octrf.on.ca
                       fax: (416) 703-4078

We're also looking for submissions to future issues of the PAGES. Anything
is welcome - prose, poetry, music and zines to be reviewed, artwork, etc.
Please send all submissions, contributions, comments, complaints, and gifts
of Galliano to the address above.