Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush

From: Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan <dmckiern@weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 17:33:32 -0700
Subject: Re: Kate Bush
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

On Tue, 20 Jun 1995, Keith DeWeese x422 wrote:

> This posting is a release of exasperation, nothing more.
>
> While thumbing through the May 1995 VOGUE, I noticed an article about
> critics' darlings.
<snip>
>                                   The author defined a darling as one who
> is not appreciated by the general public but is lauded by critics. Odd,
> not a single mention of Kate Bush.
<snip>

There are places where the general public very much appreciates Kate
Bush.  I know from personal experience that she gets very little
airplay here in the San Diego area, but that she gets a great deal in
southern and central Indiana (TNX to WTTS in Bloomington).  On the
other hand, the only thing by a professiona critic that I've read was
an aside referring to her as pretensious.

          It's always Dark.  Light only hides the Darkness.

          Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan           (619) 535 - 0546
          athanatos@UCSD.edu   132.239.147.2    <75013,676>