Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Q&A

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 13:24:09 -0700
Subject: Q&A
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

You asked lots of questions, I have lots of answers:

casten@usfca.edu (John Casten) asks:

>Does anyone ever post photos of KB to this group?  Would love to view same...

Yes, people DO sometimes post photos, and get (deservedly) flamed for it.
This newsgroup (rec.music.gaffa) is mirrored in a mailing list (love-hounds)
which folks get by Email, and the bandwidth from binaries is NOT cool.

Check out these sources if you want pictures:
ftp://ftp.uu.net/pub/music/artists/b/bush.kate/
ftp://ftp.uwp.edu/pub/music/artists/b/bush.kate/

And for those Web-loving folk out there:
http://american.recordings.com/WWWoM/cgi-bin/ubl?card+1032
(This URL has no photos itself, but has pointers to places
with dozens of photos, as well as lyrics, the FAQ, etc.)

Mitch Roedoe <Mitch@info.nl> asks:
>Do you know any appropriate Kate Bush lyrics? Lyrics, that, when
>whispered softly in your ear, would melt your heart, make you blush and
>make you float?

Try "Don't want your bullshit, yeah.  Just want your sexuality".
It always works for ME.

Rene Van Peer <100614.2750@CompuServe.COM> says:

>Question: I have an album from the '70s with music from the
>Caucasian republic of Georgia. One of its tracks is so close to
>part of 'Hello Earth' from Hounds of Love that chance must be
>ruled out. The part I refer to is the contribution of a male
>vocal ensemble to that song. No other credits of its origin are
>to be found on the Hounds of Love liner notes. I wonder if Kate
>Bush knows of the existence of this Georgian song and record. How
>can I find out?

Yup, that's the same piece Kate used for "Hello Earth" (with
different singers, obviously).  Now share with the class and
tell us the name of the album, the cut, and any vital credits.

- Stev0 the answer man

"Go ahead.  ASK me when Kate's gonna tour.  I dare ya!"
   - Stev0