Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Fan

From: mugam6 <mugam6@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu>
Date: 21 Jun 1995 19:52:25 GMT
Subject: New Fan
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Uh, hi, my name is Greg, and I have just fairly recently been
exposed to the music of Kate Bush through a friend who has been a
fan since he first saw her performing on Saturday Night Live back
in 1978.  He told me of her, and then I proceeded to buy three
cd's of her, The Red Shoes, The Hounds of Love, and The Dreaming.
My friend also lets me borrow some of his records and ep's that
cannot be found in my area, at least I do not think so.  I find
myself becoming more increasingly enamored of her the more I listen
to her music.  Her talents in singing, songwriting, producing, and
making her own music are virtually unparalled in the music
community, except maybe Rush, and U2, but thats another story. I
come from a rather rural community in Western Illinois, and would
be delighted to hear from other fans in the region if there are any
around the surrounding area, or even other areas. I look forward to
obtaining more music and information concerning Kate Bush.  It is
a shame that the United States on the whole has never really caught
on to her music, they do not know what they are missing.  Her music
at times is exhilarating, intense, as well as painful.  I for one
am glad and fortunate to have caught on to her when I did (I wish
I heard of her earlier), and hope to hear from her soon, other than
watching every commercial in hopes of catching a Fruitopia ad.  If
can give me any information concerning her, please contact me on this
newsgroup.
Thank you for your time, Greg M.