Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Engravings (Kate Messages)

From: llovich@aol.com (Llovich)
Date: 13 Jun 1995 21:22:32 -0400
Subject: Re: Engravings (Kate Messages)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: root@newsbf02.news.aol.com

willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de (Wieland Willker) wrote:

>inspired by the reading in KBC No. 5 (5. april 1980):
>Interview: ". . . Do you know anything about the messages scratched on
the
>            smooth circle just before the centre of the records?"
>Kate: . . . I wrote them and they are messages to go with the record."
> The Red Shoes:             A: "One for the Arcters"

I don't have this on vinyl, but surely it must be "One for the Archers"
("The Archers" were what The Re Shoes director Michael Powell and writer
Emeric Pressburg[er] called themselves) -- can you double check this one?

Thanks.
Vanceman
"Just saying it can even make it happen ...
    All I have to do is say it for you."
-- "Cloudbusting," K. Bush