Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Primus and KT

From: JWALKER.ENG-MAIL@SMTP.INTECOM.COM (Walker, John)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 17:00 CDT
Subject: Primus and KT
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Greetings!

Last episode, Aaron wrote:

>On the album 'tales from the punchbowl' by Primus.

>Year of the Parrot

  < SNIP >

>I've seen the likes of Kate Bush
>and Van Morrison
>teaching the parrots to sing

Could they be referring to sampling (Utah Saints)?
I'm not sure about the Van Morrison reference.

>take a zeppelin riff
>and you alter it a bit
>you make lots of money
>it's called plagiarism

I like this!  Tell it like it is, Les.

>now here we go
>it's called plagiarism

<Rock Concert mode enabled>
<Holds up lighter>
Whooooooo!  Whooooooo!
FREEEE  BIRRRRRRD!!
<Rock concert mode disabled>

I take it that Primus don't care much for sampling
other artist's work?  I'm sure this topic has been
discussed here before.  I have always felt that
unless the artist gives you permission, it's theft.

Is Les Claypool on Love Hounds?  Les, if you're
out there, please enlighten us.

|  John Walker		|
|  Email:   jwalker@intecom.com	|
|  Voice:  (214) 447-8321	|