Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hi folks...

From: tad@wsnet.com (Tim Draughon)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 00:30:54 +0800
Subject: Re: Hi folks...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Re Kate's appearance on Saturday Night Live, I also remember the
impression it made on me.  I had heard her a few weeks earlier on
shortwave on some BBC program playing Wuthering Heights, and despite the
fading in and out and the extremely low fidelity, I was hooked.  After
seeing her on SNL, I bought the Kick Inside.  As I recall, however, the
SNL audience was perhaps a little bit overcome by Kate and the applause
was just polite.  Is my memory playing tricks on me?