Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: IMMORTAL PURPOSE

From: Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan <dmckiern@weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 1995 17:48:08 -0700
Subject: Re: IMMORTAL PURPOSE
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

On Sat, 10 Jun 1995, KateManiac wrote:

> Flame war - not by any means
> more like an unsteady drizzle
> of burning matches dropped
> from a cynic's cold, grey sky.
> I make my way easily through
> these false, impotent symbols -
> hopeless negativity - as they

Yes, there are certainly few things in this world so positive and
uplifting as your bashing of Tori Amos.

> sputter and fizzle earthward,
> ashes on the ground of reason.
>
> My mission - to find The Lady,
> to lightly shower her with poetry,
> return what she has gladly given,

It's a good thing that you can do it, what with your being so tal--
snort! talen-- ahem! t'halha-- choke! talen--  excuse me! talen-
halen- hahalen hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!  God, I just can't
take it!  Sorry, folks!

> if only in the slightest measure,

Or, to be more accurate, not in any measure at all.

> indeed to offer this sacrifice,

Are we really to believe that there is some =sacrifice= involved on
your part in churning out such stuff?

> a firestorm of artist's passion,

Firestorm of artist's passion?  More like fulminant of laxative
overconsumption.

> gratitude that is gladly paid
> (sweet enough song to drown
>  the too loud, ingracious voice
>  of so many false apostles).

Sorry, but Kate Bush does not lurk on the Internet to feed off your
alleged poetry.  Your being here blatting away is rather like a
snake-handling fundamentalist harassing passers-by on a college
campus.  You've got it all quite wrong, and you're not making your
intended sponsor happy.

          It's always Dark.  Light only hides the Darkness.

          Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan           (619) 535 - 0546
          athanatos@UCSD.edu   132.239.147.2    <75013,676>