Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Forgive me

From: THE OLIVE-LOAF VIGILANTE <METH@delphi.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 1995 14:20:03 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Forgive me
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

First off, I feel obligated to mention that I heard "Pull Out The Pin" on
the radio yesterday evening, as I was driving home listening to WPKN (89.5
FM) in Bridgeport, CT.  Friday evenings are optimal times for listening (to
me, anyway :), especially because the music one hears then is just excellent.
I don't think I've ever heard POTP on the radio before -- it was rather neat.
It's also been such a long time since I heard *anything* by KaTe on the
radio anywhere that it took me doubly by surprise...

IED elucidated:

>Kate's version of "Sexual Healing" was actually a track by
>Davey Spillane (the Uillean pipes player on several recent Kate
>Bush recordings -- he appears in the "Rocket Man" video), which
>was intended for his last solo CD.  For some reason it was
>decided not to include the track, so Kate's vocal has so far
>only been heard once in public -- at the Convention.  Let's
>hope it finds a home soon.

Aha -- somehow managed to miss those critical details there.  Despite the
suggestions that others have given re writing the creators of the tribute
album to suggest that they include this Kate track, I think that exercise
is pretty futile: with a fall release date that probably means that the
entire project has already been mapped out and the tracks in the mixing
stage -- had we heard of this a year ago maybe we could have achieved
something, but it's probably much too late now.  Sigh.

IED admonished:

>IED is surprised that Meredith, a longtime Kate Bush fan and
>valued member of this august body, should still find it difficult
>to gather the vast reserves of patience required for continued
>receptivity to the Light of the One True Blue Ray of Kately Orgone.
>It is, as she surely must have discovered by now, our role in life
>to   w   a   i   t  .  .   .     .       .            .

I have most definitely been caught up in the rat race too long (not to
mention living entirely too close to New York City for my own good).  I
offer the humblest and most sincere apologies for this lapse, and vow to
show more patience in future.  I hope the venerable IED can find it in his
diamantine heart to forgive me.

:)

>Besides, if you make an endless tape loop of the Fruitopia tracks
>they last a long time indeed.

<snicker>

|Meredith Tarr                                              meth@delphi.com|
|Boonton, NJ  USA                  finger info at: mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu|
| "if the truth isn't funny, what good is it? does reality have a duty to  |
|       amuse us? did *anyone* else ever play Paranoia?" - veronica        |