Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Jane Siberry - London Life

From: MLMCGAUGHRAN@MSUVX1.MEMPHIS.EDU
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 1995 08:08:02 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Jane Siberry - London Life
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net

From: mlmcgaughran@cc.memphis.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 4 Jun 95 08:07:49 -0500

I hope I'm doing this right...I don't like posting
to these newsgroups...but I thought I'd tell you
what I believe I had read about the London Life
ad in the siblings list.  I believe someone said
that it was Jane singing "Slow Tango," from the
Wim Wenders soundtrack, *Far Away, So Close*.

If that is true, it's quite a bizarre spin on
advertising that overcomes the medium, but you'd
need to listen to the lyrics of that song (particularly
at the *end*!!) to know what I mean....I think it's
a very hilariously mischievous thing she's done!!  :)

That is, if this is true...I got this info from a
posting to the siblings list I read by a Canadian
contributor.  well...enuff from me...i was just
thumbing thru here because larry@hal.com mentioned
he occasionally terrorizes this place, so I thought I'd look for
him.........   lisa        (p.s. hi urs)   :)