Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush sampler index

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Tue, 30 May 95 22:52:34 +0200
Subject: Kate Bush sampler index
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

as promised a few moments ago, here's an excerpt of the current version of
the discography (still needing time to be completed). If you want an updated
version of this list, feel free to email me.

Bye,

Uli

P.S.: This list is not pure fiction, more than half of them do exist, for I do
own them, and I've even seen quite a few of the others myself. My purse is
actually happy about me not being able to find too many other sampler albums
anymore :-).

--------8<--------
Samplers/Promos
(89 entries)

1977-80 No. 1's! (?, Wuthering Heights)
30 Years Of No. 1s Vol.9 (?, Wuthering Heights)
84 On The Dance Floor (?, Wow)
All Woman 2 (F, This Woman's Work)
always and forever (UK, The Man With The Child In His Eyes)
A Series - 25 Years Of Rock 'N' Roll / 1980 (UK, Babooshka)
the AWARDS 1990 (the official Brits Awards album) (UK, The Sensual World)
The Best of 1980-1990 (G, Running Up That Hill)
The Best Of 1980-1990, Vol.10 (NL, Cloudbusting)
The Best of British Pop Music (NL, The Wedding List)
The Best of The Prince's Trust Collection (Ire, The Wedding List)
Breakaway (?, Running Up That Hill)
Can't Fight This Feeling (Aus, The Man With The Child In His Eyes)
BZZ (USA, Deeper Understanding, Love And Anger)
Columbia Audio Buyaways (USA?, ?)
daydreams 3 (G, Babooshka)
earthrise - the rainforest album (G, USA, UK, Don't Give Up, Spirit Of The
    Forest)
Endless Love (UG/G, The Man With The Child In His Eyes)
Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime (Swi, G, Don't Give Up)
The Finest Masterpieces In Pop & Rock (G, Wuthering Heights)
The First Ladies (NL/A, Wuthering Heights)
The Gift Of Song (?, This Woman's Work)
The Glory of Gershwin (G, USA, Aus, The Man I Love)
The Greatest Hits Of 1978 (EEC/UK, Wuthering Heights)
The Greatest Hits Of 1980 (UK, Babooshka)
The Greatest Hits Of 1985 (UK, Running Up That Hill)
The Greatest Love (Aus, Wuthering Heights)
The Greatest Love (?, Wuthering Heights)
    [otherwise completely different track listing]
The Greatest Love II (?, The Man With The Child In His Eyes)
Greatest Love VI - With love from the Stars (UK, The Man With The Child In His
    Eyes)
Greenpeace - The Album (USA, UK, J, Breathing)
Harvest sampler (USA, The Man With The Child In His Eyes)
Here Is Christmas (NL, December Will Be Magic Again)
Here Is Christmas '93 (G/NL, December Will Be Magic Again)
Hifi Visionen - Reference Recording - Best of Pop-CD 2 (G, Babooshka)
Hifi Visionen - Reference Recording - Pop CD 6 (G, Babooshka)
Highlights CD13 (G, Cloudbusting)
Highlights CD19 (G, Wuthering Heights)
Hitfactory (?, Ferry Aid - Let It Be)
It's Christmas (UK, December Will Be Magic Again)
It's Christmas Time (UK, December Will Be Magic Again)
Jamtrax Vol. 2 (?, Wuthering Heights)
Kuschelrock 1 (G/A, Don't Give Up)
Ladies of the 80's vol. 2 (G, Running Up That Hill)
Love Letters To Your Heart Vol. 2 (Ich hab' dich gern) (?, Don't Give Up)
Love Over Gold - 40 Pure Gold Classic Love Songs (UK, The Man With The Child In
    His Eyes)
Kerst Sterren 2 (NL, December Will Be Magic Again)
Milestones, a Collection of Rock Classics (UK, Wuthering Heights)
The Monsters of British Rock (USA, The Wedding List)
Musical Times 9 '80 (G, Army Dreamers)
Musical Times 7 '81 (G, Sat In Your Lap
Now That's What I Call Music 6 (UK, ?)
Now That's What I Call Music 16 (UK, The Sensual World)
Now That's What I Call Music! 1985 (UK, Running Up That Hill)
Now This Is Christmas (?, December Will Be Magic Again)
Number Ones of the 70's (UK, Wuthering Heights)
Pop & Wave Vol. 5 - The Neverending 80's (G, Running Up That Hill)
Pop Classics - 28 Classic Tracks (UK, Wuthering Heights)
Pop Heaven (NL, Babooshka)
Pop Vocal Best 100 Artists Vol. 10 (J, Moving, Wuthering Heights)
The Power of Love (?, Hounds of Love)
The Prince's Trust Collection (UK, The Wedding List)
Q - The Album (volume 1) (UK, This Woman's Work)
Road Runners Vol. I (A/NL, Wuthering Heights)
rock line (vol. 3) (NL/A, Wuthering Heights)
Rock'n'Ride - Dream-Songs (G, Wuthering Heights)
The Secret Policeman's Third Ball - The Music (UK/F, G, USA, Running Up That
    Hill (live))
Set Me Free (?, Don't Give Up)
Singer and Songwriter (G, Don't Give Up)
Sister Are Doin' It (UK, ?)
Songs of Heaven (G, This Woman's Work)
Spinning Pups (USA, Cnd, The Man With The Child In His Eyes)
tell it thru the song - 50 Classic Hits (F, The Man With The Child In His Eyes)
Theodore - An Alternative Music Sampler (USA, Be Kind To My Mistakes)
Together Forever (G, Don't Give Up)
Les Tops de la Pop 70's (F, Babooshka) [?!!!?]
Top Ten Hits of the Seventies (UK, Wuthering Heights)
Top Of The Pops Party Album (UK, Wuthering Heights)
Totally 80's (G, Running Up That Hill)
Two Rooms - Celebrating The Songs Of Elton John & Bernie Taupin (F, Aus, Rocket
    Man)
Unplugged (UK, This Woman's Work)
Utterly Utterly Live - Comic Relief (UK, NZ, G, Do Bears..., Breathing (live))
Yesterday's Vol 56 (G, The Man With The Child In His Eyes)
Wetten dass... It's Christmas (G, December Will Be Magic Again)
Woman to Woman - The Very Best Of Female Singer Songwriters (UK?, ?)
Woman 2 Woman two - more from the very best female singer songwriters (UK,
    Rubberband Girl)
Wonderful Christmas Time (J, December Will Be Magic Again)
Worldstars For Freedom (B, Don't Give Up)
WWF-Project - El Dorado (G, Spirit Of The Forest)

Soundtracks
(3 entries)

Brazil - Music From The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (F, USA, Brazil)
Castaway (UK, NL, Be Kind To My Mistakes)
She's Having A Baby - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (A, USA, This Woman's
    Work)

Magazine promos
(2 entries)

CMJ New Music December No. 5 (USA, Rubberband Girl)
Krugozor (CIS, tracks from The Sensual World)

Radio Shows & similar
(18 entries)

American Top 40 with Casey Kasem, Nov. 9, 1985 (USA, Running Up That Hill)
American Top 40 with Casey Kasem, Nov. 16, 1985 (USA, Running Up That Hill)
American Top 40 with Casey Kasem, Nov. 23, 1985 (USA, Running Up That Hill)
American Top 40 with Casey Kasem, Nov. 30, 1985 (USA, Running Up That Hill)
BBC Transcription Disc - Top Of The Pops - 821 (UK, Babooshka)
Rick Dee's Weekly Top 40, Nov. 9, 1985 (USA, Running Up That Hill)
Rick Dee's Weekly Top 40, Nov. 16, 1985 (USA, Running Up That Hill)
Rick Dee's Weekly Top 40, Nov. 25, 1985 (USA, Running Up That Hill)
Rock Over London, July 7, 1985 (UK, Babooshka)
Rock Over London, August 11, 1985 (UK, Running Up That Hill)
Rock Over London, October 20, 1985 (UK, Cloudbusting)
Rock Over London, November 10, 1985 (UK, Cloudbusting)
Rock Over London, December 29, 1985 (UK, Hounds of Love)
Rock Over London, March 9, 1986 (UK, Hounds of Love)
Rock Over London, March 16, 1986 (UK, Hounds of Love)
Rock Over London, November 16, 1986 (UK, Don't Give Up)
Rock Over London, November 23, 1986 (UK, Don't Give Up)
Rock Over London, November 30, 1986 (UK, Don't Give Up)

Covers/Samples (only those contained on sampler albums)
(10 entries)

100% Hits Vol. 6 (Aus, Utah Saints - Something Good (Cloudbusting samples))
The British Hit List (Aus, Utah Saints - Something Good (Cloudbusting samples))
Covermania Compilation 3 Volume 1 (I, Kate's Project - Wuthering Eights)
Direct Hit Volume 3 (?, Kate's Project - Wuthering Eights)
Freedom of Choice (Yesterday's Hits as Performed By Today's Stars) (USA, White
    Flag - Wuthering Heights)
How Does It Feel? (?, Utah Saints - Something Good (Cloudbusting samples))
KODEX-Magazin - Tonkunst (G, Dark Orange - The Man With The Child In His Eyes)
Rage giveaway cassette (UK, Blue Pearl - Running Up That Hill)
Thin Ice Tape (UK?, Les Enfants du Paradis - Loopzone (Night Scented Stock
    samples))
Under Cover Vol. III (G, TILT! - Running Up That Hill)

`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,
`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,
`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,
`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,

Sampler/Soundtracks/Magazine promos:

18 x Wuthering Heights
10 x The Man With The Child In His Eyes
 8 x Running Up That Hill
     Don't Give Up
     December Will Be Magic Again
 7 x Babooshka
 6 x This Woman's Work
 4 x The Wedding List
 2 x The Sensual World
     Cloudbusting
     Spirit Of The Forest
     Breathing
     Be Kind To My Mistakes
     Rubberband Girl
 1 x Wow
     Love And Anger
     The Man I Love
     Ferry Aid - Let It Be
     Army Dreamers
     Sat In Your Lap
     Moving
     Hounds of Love
     Rocket Man
     Do Bears...
     Brazil

Radio Shows & similar:

 8 x Running Up That Hill
 3 x Hounds of Love
     Don't Give Up
 2 x Babooshka
     Cloudbusting

Covers/Samples (only those contained on sampler albums):

 3 x Cloudbusting (Utah Saints - Something Good)
     Wuthering Heights (Kate's Project - Wuthering Eights, White Flag)
 2 x Running Up That Hill (Blue Pearl, TILT!)
 1 x The Man With The Child In His Eyes (Dark Orange)
     Night Scented Stock (Les Enfants du Paradis - Loopzone)

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2]