Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Davey Spillane obscure?

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 1995 11:13:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Davey Spillane obscure?
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

As far as Davey Spillane being obscure, that may be relative for the pub
across the way from my office has about five Davey Spillane posters up
year round, including at least one that mentions Kate Bush!

Actually, for compilation albums, the more obscure the artists, often the
better.  Remember the Kurt Weill tribute?  There were some pretty obscure
folks on that, but WHEW!  It blew everyone away and started the tribute
album craze.

Thanks to our gracious and delightful moderator for offering his home as
a San Francisco Bay Area Katemas location.  I'll be there!

Karen  kln@crl.com  also obscure