Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Seeking musicians--Lawrence, KS area

From: Goddess in Training <rrosen@falcon.cc.ukans.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 21:18:50 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Seeking musicians--Lawrence, KS area
To: love-hounds <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Hello, I'm a violinist/keyboardist interested in participating in the
KaTe Covered project, but unfortunately, I don't know anyone else locally
who's interested.  My biggest problem is I have no recording equipment at
all, and I don't have the funds to go into the studio right now.  I'm
also not currently playing in a band, although I'm trying to get one
together.  I'm posting this to the list to see if there are any
interested Lovehounds in the Lawrence, KS area who'd like to get together
to record a song for KaTe Covered, or at least help a poor musician
record something--I'm classically trained and have done music for years,
but I know nothing about the technical aspects of recording.  (I'm not
looking for monetary donations:)--just some friendly musician with home
recording equipment to produce/record it.  I could reimburse you, either
musically (i.e., playing violin/keyboards on something or helping
transcribe stuff) or monetarily, if it would be less than a studio.)

I've been working on an arrangement for "Playing Canasta in Cold Rooms" from
the Cathy demos, but I'm open for suggestions.  I would prefer to do a Cathy
demo, although it isn't absolutely necessary.

I don't like posting my voice phone or home address to the Net, so please
e-mail me if you're interested or you know someone without Net access who
would be interested.  Thanks in advance!

Renee Rosen                     "I am the river that loves you, loves you
rrosen@falcon.cc.ukans.edu       fall into the river you'd love to, love to
Goddess in Training              And if I never let you go again
Astrud and LdyGodiva on irc      a sacrifice to the river gods, my friend"
                                                        --Lida Husik