Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

radiotopia

From: Robb McCaffree <NSRJM@NURSEPO.MEDCTR.UCLA.EDU>
Date: 20 May 1995 11:12:13 GMT
Subject: radiotopia
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

	Just heard a fruitopia ad on the radio -- mostly the same
stuff you read in the TV ads, but spoken by a female voice (American)
over an instrumental that sounds like Kate, but I've yet to hear this
version on TV.
	There's a tribal rhythm in the background, reminiscent of The
Police song 'Walking In Your Footsteps' and an occasional flourish of
something that sounds like a flute. Other than the spoken word ("give
peach (as in peaceable peach) a chance") there are no vocals.
	For those of you here in the U.S., there were two TV ads shown
on Melrose Place last Monday night and one more at the end of Mad
About You. All three were different, two were new to me -- I've now
seen five.