Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Ninth Wave Live...?

From: rbailey@minerva.cis.yale.edu (The Lost One)
Date: 17 May 1995 15:17:19 GMT
Subject: The Ninth Wave Live...?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
content-length: 1580
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hi, all...This is a request for somewhat unusual information, I guess, but:
As one of my projects for the next academic year, I'd like to arrange a
performance of all of Kate's THE NINTH WAVE, being the second part of the
HOUNDS OF LOVE album.  I'm a double-major in Theater Studies and Music
and would like for this to be the major piece on one of several concerts
that I'd like to do next year, with this being somewhat of a mixture
between the two realms (theatre and music).  I'd like to arrange the set
of pieces for slightly different (though not by much) instrumentation and
voicing for the purpose of performance (totally non-profit, of course,
not even an admission charge).
So...The question is...Whom should I get in touch with in order to
arrange to get permission to do such a thing, as well as complete lyrical
and as complete as possible musical material to use as, at the very
least, jumping-off points.
Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in
advance.
Watch Closely Now...
Raymond
Ring the bells that still can ring.|Raymond M. Bailey, III - a.k.a. Narcissus
Forget your perfect offering.	   |Theater Studies/Music Major - Scorpio
There is a crack in everything.	   |Yale University - Branford College - 1996
That's how the light gets in.      |436.0241 - P.O. Box 200589 - Vanderbilt C42
	--Leonard Cohen            |And no one speaks about the monsters...