Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Apart from Wuthering Heights......

From: "J.A.Harkness" <J.A.Harkness@sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 May 1995 10:36:17 +0100
Subject: Apart from Wuthering Heights......
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi, 'Hounds,

Um, with all this talk of the new/old Wuthering Heights vocals -
chalk me up for the original, by the way - I got to thinking about
other songs the perhaps could do with an overhaul......While most of
Kates output is sparkling in the extreme, the odd flaw (Yes, FLAW)
can detract....

Now, before you get stroppy with me let me explain.......the song
'Coffee Homeground' is a damn fine song and appeals to my sense of
the macabre quite nicely but IMHO the production bites the big one!
I think a major  reworking would be extremely beneficial.....
Okay, the chances are zilch but I have had to listen to it with
teeth firmly clenched for16/17 years!  (See, I'm trying to give it a
 fair go!)    :-)

KATE!  Re RECORD THIS SONG!!!  PLEASE!!

To be fair, this is a pretty good average......2 complaints in nearly
twenty years work........I'm not telling you what the other is,  I'd
probably get lynched!  ;-)

Enough babble,  I'm off......!  Run!!!  Run to the Hills !!!

Will Yum!

"These Sacred Moments of Silliness are
       Where I Find My Heaven................"