Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Post of Many Things

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 13:01:27 -0700
Subject: Post of Many Things
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

All this stuff sitting in ONE LUMP of lovehounds!  Let's take
'em on, shall we?

v229ya58@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu (JEFFREY TOENIES) asks:

>Does Kate ever read?

Yes!  She's read "Wuthering Heights", "A Book of Dreams",
and many other books.

>What does gaffa mean anyway?

I have no idea; no one's ever asked this before.  Anyone
have any suggestions?

****

BECKWITH@aol.com mentions our favorite dead eccentric, Wilhelm
Reich.  Well, I just read a wonderful blurb about him in
the Paradox Press (a subsidary of DC Comics) book, "The Big
Book of Weirdos".  This is a must-have for fans of everyone
from Edgar Allen Poe, Rasputin, Idi Amin, and many, many others.

****

iedsri@aol.com (IEDSRI) answers my previous question:

>The song is almost certainly called "The Craft of Love",
>as StevO suggests. But this doesn't mean that she doesn't
>say "life" in at least one or two cases in the song. To
>IED's imperfect ear, it sounds like "life" in a couple of
>lines.

Agreed, on all counts (I think it sounds like "life" in
a couple of lines, too, but since no formal published lyrics
have ever been produced, we will never know for sure).  Anyway,
there you have it, as close to the source as possibe:  It's
Craft of Love (Make note of that, Woj in Lurkerland!)

****

Steve Sauder <75713.211@compuserve.com> announces:

>I know how it feels, my son Emerson was born March 2.  Our sleep
>cycle's been - well - interesting ever since.

>P.S. I've already got him listening to Kate - I find Moments of
>Pleasure helps him to sleep - just a tip!

Congrats, Steve!  And try the second side of "Lionheart" on your
son - when I put that one on, I'm dozing in SECONDS.

- Stev0 the New Manager of the Useless Web Pages

Tomorrow, we'll discuss Kate's tour of last year which many
of you new folks may have missed...