Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Wow !

From: gprimm@vnet.net (GREGG PRIMM)
Date: 9 May 1995 19:27:50 GMT
Subject: Re: Wow !
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

JEFFREY TOENIES (v229ya58@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu) wrote:

[some friendly, enthusiastic, and generally excited musings on finding
our happy little enclave -- deleted -- but then he asked...]

: What does gaffa mean anyway?

AIIEEEEEEEE!  Please!  Not again!  "It's tape!" "No it's not, you shallow
twerp!"  "But she said it's tape in an interview!" "Well, she lied.  Kate
_can_ lie, y'know..."  "But why would she?  C'mon, it's tape."  "No way
-- far too shallow for the goddess.  Clearly, the song is about being
mired in concepts that prevent us from reaching our chosen
destinations."  "But she said it was tape"  "It's not." ("Hey guys, quit
shouting.  It could easily be _both_")  "Hey!  You got your gaffer's tape
in my conceptual quagmire!"  "No -- you got your conceptual quagmire in
my gaffer's tape!"  (TOGETHER)  "Heyyyyyyy..."

Gaffa:  It's two great concepts that taste great together.

-- Gregg