Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A Book of Dreams

From: jgosnell@Phoenix.kent.edu (Gosnell Jeff )
Date: Mon, 8 May 1995 10:58:20 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: A Book of Dreams
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET (Love Hounds)

    Endless Mike asked about "A Book of Dreams".  I don't own a copy,
but I read a copy from the library a few years back.   The book is
facinating, but frustrating because it is very dreamlike in its
writing style.  Peter writes of his father Wilhelm from the
perspective of a child, and so many details are ommited.  If it whets
your appetite to find more about Wilhelm Reich as it did my on, it is
just the begining of your frustrations.  His own writings are very dry
and difficult to trudge through, and I'm afraid much of the info that
would interest a love hound(How does an Orgone acumulater work, how
did Cloudbusters control the weather? ect..) was lost when the US Government
 declared Riech writings destroyed.
   It is difficult to find any objective writings about Riech, most
begrudgingly admit that he was a genius in the beginings of his carrer
but later that he lost his mind when he began working with "orgone
Energy".  No one seems to be willing to look objectively at his later
work.   The best source of objective information I have been able to
find on Reich comes from Robert Anton Wilson's "Wilhelm Reich in Hell"
which is a play, but the introduction is facinating.  It should also
be easier to obtain than the elusive "book of dreams".