Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Music Training Made Easy

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us>
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 13:41:34 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Music Training Made Easy
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

On Mon, 1 May 1995, Mr Darren I Lacey wrote:

> I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I am *sick* of ads
> appearing on lists (especially when I get three copies of the same ad!)
> If this was cleared through the list manager, then I would like to ask just
> exactly what was going through his/her mind when he/she allowed this on, and

I think you are under a misconception.

I, too, am sick of these ads, but our humble pseudo-moderator is not the
one to blame.

The love-hounds mailing list is not an ordinary mailing list. There is a
two-way gateway between the list and the Usenet newsgroup
rec.music.gaffa. Everything that goes in one, appears in the other (when
the software is working right).

The moderator for this list and the group does not actually screen posts
for content, the moderation only exists as a means of getting posts back
and forth between the list and the newsgroup.

It is understood that love-hounds/gaffa is actually an unmoderated forum.
There are no expectations for the moderator to do article screening.

So, if you are sick of seeing these ads appear, the best thing to do is to
inform the source of the ad that their action was not appreciated.

Stu

scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us == Stuart M. Castergine   |              ---
All young gentle dreams drowning                     | "Mmm, yes."   |/
In life's grief                                      |               |\
Can you hang on to me? --Kate Bush, _Big Stripey Lie_|