Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Klone

From: susanhk@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Date: 28 Apr 1995 15:04:27 -0500
Subject: Re: Kate Klone
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

 <MRGHEESL@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU> wrote:
>Hi, I was just noticing everyone's comparisions of Kate and Mary
>Steenburgen.  If you think Mary looks like Kate in some other films, try
>the film "Time After Time" with Malcolm MCDowell.  (In this film,
>McDowell plays a time-travelling HG Wells looking for Jack The Ripper in
>"modern" 1979.  Mary plays the love interest.)

Yes, that's where I first noticed the resemblance myself.  The scene
where David Warner threatens Mary in the bank looks almost exactly
like my "This Woman's Work" poster.

>Quick question: Does anyone know if Malcolm McDowell and Roddy McDowell
>are related ?

They are not.  Roddy McDowall (note the different spelling of the last
name) did appear in a movie with Mary a few years ago, called (I
think) _Dead of Winter_.  Good movie but very creepy.

--
Beannachta!
---Susan Harwood Kaczmarczik----------------------susanhk@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu---