Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Getting under covers...

From: Robb McCaffree <NSRJM@NURSEPO.MEDCTR.UCLA.EDU>
Date: 22 Apr 1995 07:01:39 GMT
Subject: Getting under covers...
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hi Katefans!

     I was reading an old copy of HOMEGROUND (new to me...cool!) and I came across an all too brief section about
bands that have the gall to cover Bushtunes. When I went to a nearby store to seek out said tunes, all I found
were...catalog entries listing MORE bands that have the gall to cover Bushtunes. Well, it's actually a compliment.

     Unfortunately, I've never heard of any of these bands, and the aforementioned store had no copies of their
work, so I thought I'd put a query on the net as to what they sound like, what year they became available, and,
whenever possible, where they might be procured.

BAND or PERSON W/ GALL	SONG		ALBUM				YEAR	ORIGIN(TYPE)
Dusty Springfield	Man With Child
Natalie Cole		Man With Child						US
Dave Smith/Judy Dinning	Man With Child
Kate's Project		Wuthering						Italy 		disco
White Flag 		Wuthering
Blue Pearl		Run Up Hill
Sweep			Run Up Hill
Big City Orchestra	many		My Life In The Bush of Kate		San Francisco	alternative
Pat Benatar		Wuthering	Crimes of Passion 		1980	US		hard rock
Utah Saints		Cloud (sample)	Utah Saints 			1992?	US		techno

     I already have Pat Benatar and Utah Saints but am interested in other artists' interpretations of Kate.

     And finally...Are There More?

					Many thanks,

					Robb