Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Need Help

From: bobhate@iadfw.net (Robert Fulgham T. Hate)
Date: 21 Apr 1995 20:41:59 GMT
Subject: Need Help
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.a-cappella, rec.music.afro-latinrec.music.ambient, rec.music.artists.beach-boys, rec.music.artists.bruce-hornsby, rec.music.beatles, rec.music.bluenote, rec.music.bluenote.blues, rec.music.cd, rec.music.celtic, rec.music.christian, rec.music.classical, rec.music.classical.guitar, rec.music.classical.performing, rec.music.classical.recordings, rec.music.compose, rec.music.country.old-time, rec.music.country.western, rec.music.dementia, rec.music.early, rec.music.folk, rec.music.funky, rec.music.gaffa, rec.music.gdead, rec.music.hip-hop, rec.music.indian.classical, rec.music.indian.misc, rec.music.industrial, rec.music.info, rec.music.makers, rec.music.makers.bagpipe, rec.music.makers.bands, rec.music.makers.bass, rec.music.makers.builders, rec.music.makers.guitar, rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic, rec.music.makers.guitar.tablature, rec.music.makers.marketplace, rec.music.makers.percussion, rec.music.makers.piano, rec.music.makers.songwriting, rec.music.makers.synth, rec.music.marketplace

Hi Music Fans!

Since I've been on the Net, these music newsgroups have greatly heightened
and amplified my interest in music.  I've learned more from talking to
the terrific and insightful fans than I ever have through my
own listening.  I'm writing a book with a friend for a major American
publisher about music on the internet, and we'd love to hear why your
favorite music newsgroup(s) mean so much to you.  We'll give a free
copy of our finished book (out in December of this year) to anyone
who we actually quote in the book.  We're really interested in:

1)      Why you love music.
2)      Why you use the Net to help you with your fandom.
3)      Your favorite moments in the newsgroups.
4)      Any famous correspondents you've had through the groups.
5)      Any thoughts you have on music and computers and the Net.

We'd love to start a dialogue with anyone out there who feels some
of the same joy we do for music, and who is now feeding that excitement
through the technology of the Net.

Thanks!
Robert Fulgham T. Hate
bobhate@aol.com