Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Deeper" Understanding?

From: Fiona McQuarrie <fmcquarr@upei.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 1995 12:45:45 -0300 (ADT)
Subject: "Deeper" Understanding?
To: "Kate (list) Bush" <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Karen posted a summary of an article from WIRED to the effect that the
author finds she has less satisfying personal face to face relationships
since she started e-mail.

Methinks this indicates that she (the article author, not Karen :) has
problems with face to face
relationships that would exist whether there was e-mail or not. Apart from
passing on items that I glean from newsgroups and messages, I can't say my
personal interactions have changed that much. With the exception of
meeting people for real that I've e-mailed with...(an "f2f" [face to face]
as I've heard it called)...which is always great because it's like meeting
someone for the first time and you're already friends with them!

Cheers, Fiona

Fiona McQuarrie                             fmcquarr@atlas.cs.upei.ca
           School of Business, University of Prince Edward Island

These guys are living on the edge. On the edge of Wuss Cliff.
					- Beavis and Butt-head