Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lida Husik

From: neile@u.washington.edu (Neile Graham)
Date: 18 Apr 1995 19:54:08 GMT
Subject: Re: Lida Husik
To: rec-music-gaffa@cs.washington.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <01HPG1JIFCDU90NR6V@KUHUB.CC.UKANS.EDU>,
 <"rrosen@falcon.cc.ukans.edu"@KUHUB.CC.UKANS.EDU> wrote:

>What I want to know is how many other albums she has other than this and
>what styles they are.  I've heard part of another album by her whose
>full title escapes me at the moment (it had Red Emma in the title), and
>it was OK, but it was more garage-rock oriented, and the lyrics weren't
>nearly as good.  I know she's had at least an EP since and a new
>full-length CD called I *think* _Joyride_.  Are these more
>spacey-psychedelic whimsy or more garage-rock oriented?  Personally, I
>prefer the former over the latter.

Well, I like her "garage-rock" style a lot, but I understand tastes vary.

Anyway, here are the discs I know of by Lida Husik.  I think these are
all of them:

Bozo (Shimmy Disk) --more garage-rocky than Your Bag but less than Red Emma
Your Bag (Shimmy Disk)--more spacey
The Return of Red Emma (Shimmy Disk)--garage-rocky
Evening at the Grange (?)--EP with Beaumont Hannat--very dreamy
Joyride (Caroline)--rocky/dreamy both

If you like Your Bag you'll probably like Evening at the Grange and Joyride.

--Neile
neile@u.washington.edu