Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lida Husik

From: "rrosen@falcon.cc.ukans.edu"@KUHUB.CC.UKANS.EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 12:21:39 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Lida Husik
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: Goddess in Training <rrosen@falcon.cc.ukans.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 12:22:29 -0500

OK, I'm going to delurk for a moment to ask if anyone has any info on a
singer named Lida Husik.  I have one CD by her called _Your Bag_ which I
think is really brilliant.  It's spacey psychedelic rock (well, it was
produced by Kramer and it's on Shimmydisc:) combining moments of gentle
beauty with louder guitar parts (a la Lush, MBV, etc.).  Musically, it's
nothing like KaTe, but the atmosphere and lyrics are kind of similar to
her earlier works (childhood fairytale elements mixed with a wisdom
beyond her years).

What I want to know is how many other albums she has other than this and
what styles they are.  I've heard part of another album by her whose
full title escapes me at the moment (it had Red Emma in the title), and
it was OK, but it was more garage-rock oriented, and the lyrics weren't
nearly as good.  I know she's had at least an EP since and a new
full-length CD called I *think* _Joyride_.  Are these more
spacey-psychedelic whimsy or more garage-rock oriented?  Personally, I
prefer the former over the latter.

Thank you in advance for any info you might have.

*  Renee Rosen                                "I can be so good            *
*  rrosen@falcon.cc.ukans.edu                  Like a goddess              *
*  Goddess in Training                         Plus I'm modest"--N. Hagen  *