Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The KT Bush Band

From: M.vanGent@DENT.KUN.NL
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 10:46:10 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: The KT Bush Band
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.NET

Hi,

Last Saturday I went to a cd and Lp fair in Nijmegen.
I bought a pile of interviews and photo's of Kate from Dutch, English en
German music magazines en from some Dutch TV/radio guides. There also was a
picture of Kate performing, with behind her the drums with had the text
     The
   KT Bush
    Band
on it. This picture had an A4 format. The same picture wich was 3 by 5 cm had
the following text next to it " The KT Bush Band starring the 19-years-old
Kate Bush, appearing at the Rose of Lee in Lewisham, in 1977. She's already
signed to EMI in 1974." Then under the text is written " Q 10/'90 " I think
this means that the picture is from Q-magazine number 10 published in the
year 1990

I just wanted to report this because somebody on this mailing-list once said
that this picture was on the cover of a bootleg and somebody else responded
that he/she didn't even knew that this picture existed. Well it does and I
have it  :-(JIPPIE;-) Sorry.

In one of the interviews from a Dutch magazine Kate talked about Army
Dreamers, although in the interview it's called  " I'm a genius "
(??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????)
She says that the song is about the mother who sent her son to the army
because every mother in the neighbourhood does it and that she doesn't really
know her son. He has dreams of becoming a musician or a politician and she
doesn't even know it. So basicly it's about the generation gap between the
son and the mother.
When I read this I was very surprised because I never read this explanation
before. Also it's strange that the song is called " I'm a genius' I mean it
doesn't sound or looks like Army Dreamers at all. I think that's very weird.

Well, this is the end of my first posting, I hope you liked reading it and
please be kind to my mistakes :-)

Bye,
Jelle