Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Film Festival

From: Stev0@zuni.chaco.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 1995 16:45:54 -0700
Subject: Kate Film Festival
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Greetings,

I was just thinking of films Kate has either done a song for
the soundtrack for, or was influenced by.  My list so far looks
like this:

Films Kate has done songs for:

Castaway (Be Kind to My Mistakes)
Brazil (Brazil; even though it didn't make the film)
She's Having a Baby (This Woman's Work)
Angie (Rubberband Girl)

TV Documentries Kate has done songs for:

Earthrise (?) (Hello, Earth)
Superstar - The Andy Warhol Story (Wow)

Films songs of Kate was influenced by:

Wuthering Heights (Guess!) (In case you didn't know, she was influenced
by the film, NOT the book!)
The Innocents (The Infant Kiss)
The Red Shoes (Duh!)
Wings of Desire (Top of the City)
Night of the Demon (Hounds of Love)

Not to mention entire genres that are mentioned in "Hammer Horror" and
"There goes a Tenner".

Now, your job:  I know this list is far from complete.  Help me here
(for example, I know "Get out of My House" was influenced by "The Shining"
and some other film, but I can't remember what it was...)
Any other that I'm missing, please fill in....

- Stev0 the critic

Coming up tomorrow:  Books Kate was influenced by