Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Red Shoes Box

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 95 07:44:35 +0200
Subject: Re: Red Shoes Box
To: Angel Bracamontes <NSAB2@NURSEPO.MEDCTR.UCLA.EDU>
cc: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu

Hi Robb!

> I was equally displeased with the shoe box, which I did open to find
> the exact same contents mentioned above. The box was a cool, kinda
> snake-skin textured dark red with a white inner tray (cardboard) to
> hold the cd (U.S.). The cool box notwithstanding, it didn't strike me
> as worth the $75 that my corner cd store was asking.

That doesn't sound like the official one seen on MTV Europe. Thanks!

> Sorry, no other boxes seen...but regarding other tracks, I did find
> TWW III, a 'promo only' cd containing the b-sides of all TRS singles,
> Don't Give Up, dance and extended mixes (Shoedance and Rubberband
> respectively), and instrumentals of Moments of Pleasure (one of her
> best, doncha think?) and Candle in the Wind. I haven't found these
> last two versions on any other cd (though the MoP instru can be found
> on vinyl).

MoP instr. is indeed unavailable on any official CD, but CITW instr. isn't.
It's on the original Rocket Man CD single.

> Speaking of DGU, has anyone heard the extended version on one of P.
> Gabriel's singles? (possibly 'Steam") Does it contain more Kate vox?

Yes, the Steam maxi CD contains Games Without Frontiers [Massive/DB mix],
which indeed does have Kate's vocals, but they are the same as on the
regular version.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2]