Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Gaffa Tape?

From: birdie@netcom.com (Kathleen Ostridge)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 07:25:31 GMT
Subject: Re: Gaffa Tape?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Anders Hultman (anders.hultman@unisource.se) wrote:
: The spelling "gaffer's tape" I have only seen here on
: rec.music.gaffa. Well, I haven't actually seen it spelled as "gaffa"
: either, but everyone pronounce it as "gaffa", and in Swedish there is quite
: a big difference between "-a" and "-er's".

I cannot believe I am posting about _the tape_....As a former all around
stage tech in america (T.V, Film, Theater, Concert) we've always called it
GAFFERS tape. GAFFERS. Still is called and pronounced with the er.

And now...back to the ivy.

Birdie

--
"A few more trips around the sun & my face will look like a fault map!"

                                                  - birdie@netcom.com