Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: DELIUS question

From: llovich@aol.com (Llovich)
Date: 9 Apr 1995 10:58:40 -0400
Subject: Re: DELIUS question
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: root@newsbf02.news.aol.com

>The published words for the chorus can be found in the book "Kate Bush
>Complete" (in the music section).  They are like Tom Hendricks says:
>Delius, Delius amat, Syphillis Deus Genius.

OK, maybe I've been living in a shell or something, but I always thought
that "syphillis" thing was a typo. My Latin is pretty much non-existant,
but I thought the thing was "Symphinus [spl?] Deus, Delius, a-ha." In
other words, "God of music, Delius" or what-have-you? I mean, doesn't that
sound just a bit more Kate than  "Syphillitic Genius God"?

Until teh next time,
VanceMan (a/k/a LLovich)
"Just saying it can even make it happen ...
    All I have to do is say it for you."
-- "Cloudbusting," K. Bush