Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Fruitopia

From: MRGHEESL@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 95 12:41:52 CDT
Subject: Fruitopia
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@UUNET.UU.NET

Does anyone out there think that music for those Fruitopia commercials
will ever be released on some form of hi-quality mass market audio
format? (Like a DDD compact disc ?)  Or is that just wishful thinking ?

Anyway, when the commercials first came out, I thought the sounds were
wonderful though I didn't know they were Kate's.  I thought how
wonderful it would be to have an extended mix of that music.  It would
be great for relaxation or meditation.

At first, I actually thought the music might be Clannad or Enya.  (About
that time, advertisers were using Clannad's "Harry's Game" as part of
those VolksWagen commercials.)  But, it seemed the style just didn't
exactly fit.  I was delighted to find out that music was Kate's.  At
least now I know who composed the music.

Come to think of it, though, my Enya/Clannad/Kate Bush assessment isn't
TOO far off base.  Remember, Kate's mother was Irish, and Kate herself
has expressed great passion for the Emerald Isle herself . . . .

Eirann Go Bragh !

Roman Gheesling,  Flatland USA