Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Not Worldwide :(

From: Fiona McQuarrie <fmcquarr@upei.ca>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 1995 14:21:42 -0300 (ADT)
Subject: Not Worldwide :(
To: "Kate (list) Bush" <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Sorry if this has been mentioned already...I'm a few days behind in reading...
but Kate's dulcet tones, via Fruitopia, did not grace the *whole* world
during the Oscars. Here in Canada, we did not see that ad...I think
individual stations (CTV here) sold ad time on their own and punched their
own ads in during the commercial breaks.

CTV is already getting criticized for cutting away from the feed for a
commercial during a rather significant Canadian event...the acceptance
speech of the only Canadians to win Oscars (the animators responsible for
the short Bob's Birthday). Should we bug 'em for not running Fruitopia as
well? :)

Cheers, Fiona