Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Deeper Understanding?

From: akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu (Anthony Kyle Monday)
Date: 1 Apr 1995 06:58:32 GMT
Subject: Re: Deeper Understanding?
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Ursula Stafford (whiskers@sans.vuw.ac.nz) wrote:
: On Thu, 30 Mar 1995, Steve Berlin wrote:

: > On The Big Sky (Meteorological mix), who's doing the voices in
: > the Talking part ("That cloud looks like snow...")?

: Let's see... I think Paddy did at least one line there... I think it was
: "That cloud looks like nothing but trouble!"

: I picked out Hugh Laurie doing at least two of them, including "No it
: doesn't!".

: > I could swear whoever's saying "This cloud should be removed immediately!"
: > is John Cleese...

: Funny, I thought it was Rick Mayall...

: Urs :)
: ---
: Urs Stafford (stafford_u@ix.wcc.govt.nz, whiskers@mu.sans.vuw.ac.nz)

: That cloud looks like Cumulus Cascullus...		       [qlc]

Actually, Kate herself did *every single one* of these voices. Not only
is she a gifted songwriter and terrific singer, but she's the British
female Rich Little.

Just Kidding.

I suspect that Terry Gilliam is in there somewhere, as well as Robbie
Coltrane, as both are "thanked" on the HoL album sleeve. But who knows?
It'd be nice to have a definitive list of the voices. Maybe I'll make one up.
Kyle

           Anthony Kyle Monday            /
 e-mail: akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu	 /     "J'ai une a^me solitare."