Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Man from Fruitopia

From: Steve Berlin <stev0@chaco.com>
Date: 1 Apr 1995 03:44:41 GMT
Subject: The Man from Fruitopia
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Well, today I tried the newest (or one of the newest) flavor
of the drink Kate did music for the ads for.

They're getting better, but they still don't get it.  I tried
their Raspberry Ice Tea (That's what they call it!  No stupid
name!) and it's as if someone took a bottle of Snapple Raspberry
Ice Tea and added a cup of sugar.

At least they're getting honest - it's clearly labeled "Contains
no real fruit juice" and has no fake-looking "sediment" (as opposed
to their other stuff which gives a whole new meaning to the term
"pulp fiction").

The packaging is different than the other Fruitopias - still "kinda
trippy", but now more "postmodern" (whatever that means).  Still
little saying all over it, but at least not as cynically crassly
commercial like the other flavors of Fruitopia.

Stev0's advice - but some Arizona brand Ice Tea, and if you
wanna listen to Kate Music on teevee, put on your Live at
Hammersmith Odeon tape one more time.

- Stev0 the thirsty

"With a name like Exon, it HAS to be evil!"